As with general businesses charities need to manage their finances on a day to day basis, plan funding for future growth, understand and manage their tax liabilities and fulfil their statutory obligations in relation to the reporting and filing of their accounts.
Many charities however cannot afford the services of a full time book-keeper, let alone an accountant, and so working with an accountancy practice that really understands the financial pressures charities work under can really help.
Charity accounts are not complicated, but they have to be done the right way and be completely correct, and that’s where First Call Financials really come into our own. We’re experts, we enjoy working with charities, we offer a great personal service and have special rates for charity accounting. What more could you want!
Our Full Charity Accountancy Service
At First Call we can provide a full accountancy service for charities covering the following areas, or tailor our support to the specific needs of your organisation:
- Outsourced book-keeping to help you keep on top of day to day accounting transactions
- Payroll management to ensure employed staff are paid on time and accurately
- Management accounting, cashflow forecasting and business planning to ensure the financial survival of your organisation in a difficult market
- Helping with funding through support and guidance on the correct administration of Gift Aid
- Support to internal staff on day to day charity accounting including training on a range of accounting packages
- Taxation and VAT advice and planning
- Independent examination of accounting records
- SORP Compliance
Need a Hand?
If you are an established charity or are about to establish a not for profit organisation and want to partner with an accountancy firm that really understands the sector, make us your first call by calling one of our team on 0117 379 0810